Castlegate James Australasia Pty Ltd Trading as James & Son Australia (“Castlegate James”)
Protecting Your Privacy
Set out below is information that Castlegate James is required to communicate to it’s customers. Castlegate James recommends that you keep this information for future reference.
Your personal information
Personal information held by Castlegate James may include your name, current and previous addresses, telephone number, fax number and email address.
If you choose not to provide certain personal information, Castlegate James may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which Castlegate James prides itself.
How we collect personal information
Castlegate James collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information by phone or in a credit application form, or when you submit your personal details through Castlegate James's web site
- from publicly available sources of information;
- in response to a survey;
- from the organisations identified below under 'When Castlegate James discloses your personal information';
- from Castlegate James's own records; or when legally required to do so.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- verify your identity;
- offer you and provide additional Castlegate James products and services;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop Castlegate James's products and services;
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for Castlegate James to provide you with a better service; and
- maintain and develop Castlegate James's business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Also, your personal information is collected so that Castlegate James can promote and market its products and services to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing). Castlegate James does this to keep you informed of its products, services and special offers. If you do not wish Castlegate James to promote and market its products, services and special offers to you, please call (03) 8311 2200 or email your request to us at
In relation to marketing and promotional material sent via email, Castlegate James will send such material to you unless you indicate you wish to be unsubscribed from the service. Refer to note on any email correspondence for further instructions.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the products and services you require, Castlegate James may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Castlegate James. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to Castlegate James providing its services to you. These organisations may carry out Castlegate James's:
- customer enquiries;
- mailing operations;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- marketing and telemarketing services;
- market research; and
- web site usage analysis.
Castlegate James takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, Castlegate James may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- Castlegate James's related companies;
- Castlegate James's professional advisers, including its accountants, auditors and lawyers; and
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
Castlegate James's web site
Castlegate James provides products and services via its web site. When you visit Castlegate James's web site, its web servers record anonymous information such as the time, date and URL of the request. This information assists Castlegate James to improve the structure of its web sites and monitor their performance.
Castlegate James may use 'cookies' on it’s web site. Cookies are an industry standard and most major web sites use them. A cookie is a small text file that our web site may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for Castlegate James's web site to remember your preferences. As such, cookies are designed to improve your experience of Castlegate James's web site.
In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information about you. Castlegate James extends the same privacy protection to your personal information, whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. You can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of our web site or take advantage of the improved web site experience that cookies offer.
Castlegate James also collects Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. Castlegate James collects and manages IP addresses as part of the service of providing internet session management and for security purposes.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
Castlegate James takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses and discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That's why Castlegate James recommends that you:
- let Castlegate James know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep Castlegate James up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name, telephone number, email address or street and mailing address.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, you will need to put your request in writing for security reasons.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact Castlegate James on (03) 8311 2200 between 8.30am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Alternatively, you can write to us;
Castlegate James Australasia Pty Ltd
P O Box 1261 Robinson Victoria 3019
Castlegate James Privacy Statement April 2012
Castlegate James Australasia Pty Ltd ACN 098 051 846